Friday, March 27, 2009

Thankful

I am so thankful for Jon in my life. I just had to write about it! :) He is a gift from God. Every hole in my life or place I am lacking...he fills in personality, help, and talent. I am so blessed that he is such a wonderful husband and father. Most times - he is a slob....I have to say...
but this past week...he could tell I had HAD it with the house being a mess...and cleaning up the same stuff over and over. Some of the household projects had gone unfinished...and were causing a big nuisance and some danger. After his hard days at work...he came home and silently finished them. He didn't draw attention to the fact that he was doing all of these things...he just did them. To me - this is a HUGE gift. More precious than jewelry or gadgets. He let me find the things that he had done - instead of drawing attention to them. One of them was our bathtub. We would stand in 6 inches (deep) of water every time we took a shower. It was gross! This left a VERY messy tub when it all finally drained. He took the whole thing apart - and had to buy all this stuff - and had it cleaned. Not ONLY did he unclog it - but he scrubbed it with bleach to clean the tub! I would NEVER have expected that! When he was done - he drew me a hot bath in my clean tub...complete with candles and wine and bubbles. It was sooo nice! Last night, he sat on the floor and sang ABBA songs at the top of his lungs with me. I'm SURE he would have rather turned on the games...but he knew that he would lose me if he did. (As in - I would zone out)... :) We had sooo much fun together - and I am SOOO thankful that he is "uncool" enough to be doing that with me!!! (We're both huge dorks secretly...and I LOVE that about us!) Anyway - just wanted to share with the world....(Who already KNOW what a great guy I have) ...how thankful I am!!!

1 comments:

Miranda said...

So cute :)

Please clone a Jon and send him my way. Thanks.

Wait, what? Is that weird?