Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A wise man once told me....

Just because you're supposedly "good" at something...doesn't mean it's your time to do it.

I mean...just because you are funny...doesn't mean you are "meant" to be a comedian.

Just because you can speak in front of people - doesn't mean that you are supposed to be an orator.

Just because I can teach my children a lesson about sharing - doesn't mean I'm supposed to be a teacher.

Just because I can carry a tune...doesn't mean I'm supposed to be a singer.

I can't tell you how free that made me feel! I am so thankful for his wise advice! He also told me that God takes where we are weak...and uses it to make us strong - so that when we are done...the only thing people can say is "Look what God has done!" .... That is EXCITING TO ME!!! I am not a Children's ministry expert...or even knowledgeable in any form or fashion! I have no experience (besides the past few months...and no fancy degree to hang in my office...ahem...my living room) ;)

This is all trial and error for me! I pray that God will lead me and give me wisdom in the decisions I make regarding the ministry....and that when all is said and done....people will exclaim..."Come and SEE what the Lord is DOING at Crosspoint!"

1 comments:

klittlejohn said...

well said Rachel.