Saturday, May 30, 2009

Bout of sickness

Well -this week has been awful. :) I agree with a good friend who said..."I'd like a Do-Over please?" The kids and I have all been sick. Super sick. Horrible viral sinus stuff! Both kids had ear infections as well....that makes for an interesting day. 2 sick toddlers and 1 sick Mommy=no fun! :) All mom's can agree having sick kids is the pits! To top it off - Jon had MAJOR meetings at work this week. He had to leave the house at 6:30am - and didn't get home until 8pm. Whew! There were a couple of days where I didn't know if I was going to make it. Couldn't even climb the stairs b/c of dizziness and fever! :(

We got Kennedy some medicine - and well...found out it didn't quite agree with her body...in the middle of the mall yesterday. :) We were finally feeling better - and so we decided to try to get out of the house. There was a guy who was doing Consumer Report Research which paid you $20 to do a short survey!! (of course I signed Jon and I up!) $40 to do a 10 minute survey each...sweet! That could be a dinner out! First of all - the guy doing the survey was VERY SLOW...and I don't mean - UN-FAST. I mean slow. It was sad. He didn't know how to spell...or read. :( I felt so sorry for him - but it did end up taking longer than 10 minutes. I signed something saying I wouldn't talk about the survey...but let's just say I failed...and it had to do with tasting chocolate. HA! (Maybe I am the slow one?)...so I only got $5...still...that's 5 large Tea's at McDonalds!

When I came back Jon and the kids weren't there. Of course - my nature thought the worst...what if they left me!? HA! I had been SUPER sick and snotty all week.... :) Maybe he thought I could use a good walk home ... by myself!? I waited for a while - walked around...they were nowhere! Finally, I started checking bathrooms...and of course - had to check the mens! Ugh. They were in one of them....and as Jon was coming out, I saw that Kennedy was only in her diaper. :) Ahhh....turns out she exploded in the kids play area. EWWWWWWWW. All over her clothes....dripping down her legs....oh man. What a diaper for Jon to get! HA! (oops) It was ALL over the bathroom floor, all over the garbage can, all over the changing table. We can't even begin to explain the LOOKS we got as we exited the mall with a naked child. haha! It's happened 2 more times since then....but in our house...thankfully!

We are getting our carpets cleaned Monday...and calling the Dr. for a different medicine Monday. :)

On another note...Grandma...my tomatoes are starting to bloom! (Is that what you call it?) they are green - and about the size of a large cherry tomato! ;) can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!! Random...I know this.

3 comments:

Miranda said...

Ah, the extreme joys of parenting. Gotta love all the cute and grossness rolled up in a child, right? :)

DO OVER for SURE!

The Cobb Family said...

yes, that's gross, but part of parenting. Chad is kind of known for throwing away clothes in such situations!! isn't that awful?

klittlejohn said...

hope you are all feeling better! love reading about your adventures!