Thursday, June 25, 2009

Looking forward...

Next week we are heading to Kansas to see my family.  I can't tell you how excited I am to go home! :)  I always look forward to this time.  It gives me a calming sense of peace as I see the water tower and make the turn onto Haven/Buhler Road.  It's like suddenly - everything is "OK"....life is not hard anymore.  


It's always a hard time for Jon and I.  I go through this incredible roller coaster of emotions.  I always start dreaming of moving back and living near my family.  I start searching for IT jobs - and brainstorming how we can make it work...making contacts with several people who can "hook us up" with work.  Even though I know this is where God has us now - it is still so hard to live far away.  I dream of going on walks with my mom, shopping with my sister, coffee with my brother, and lunches with my grandparents.  I have 2 of the closest friends ever that still live there - and still to this day - no one can make me laugh like those 2! :)  

It has nothing to do with hating where we are at - we love it here....but it has everything to do with the overwhelming sense of sadness as we pull away, knowing we won't see them for many months.  I always tell myself not to cry...and then the lump comes.  It's so big I can't swallow - and tears pour like rain.  I'm already trying to prepare myself for this bitter sweet visit.  (I'm sure Jon is too!)  :)  

Can't wait to see you guys!  

3 comments:

mamag7 said...

I surely unerstand, Rach. But as your Mom would tell you... it's the same way we feel when we see our babies and grandbabies leave... the lump, the tears, and the knowledge we won't be seeing them for months at a time. But that's the way it goes in life.. and if we're seeking His will, sometimes He leads us elsewhere.
Love you guys so much it hurts.. :)

klittlejohn said...

It's so hard for all involved. I just hate that my brother, his wife, and Mia are so far away. However, if you're where God wants you to be then that's all you can do. Have a great week here in Kansas...maybe I'll see you somewhere in this huge town!

Anonymous said...

We are looking forward to seeing you guys. You Havenite!!! Everyone who lives on the north side of Highway 50 knows it's Buhler/Haven Road.!!:) See you Sat.
grannyof9