Monday, June 14, 2010

20 things I'll NEVER do...

So - I got this idea from a friend and it was SO fun to read hers - that I thought I'd try it out too! :)


SOOOOO......Here we go!

1) I'll NEVER get a belly button ring! It hurt too bad the first time, and thanks to my 2 c-sections...my belly isn't seen any longer!

2) I'll never wear high heels or be into shoes. I've tried. I don't get it - and I don't see why people are so into them? It's shoes! You walk on them...they get dirty - and who wants to be uncomfortable ALL DAY LONG?

3) I'll never ride on a moped or motorcycle. While it was one of the GREATEST days of my ENTIRE life....despite our accident....I will NEVER get on the back of another motorcycle OR moped!

4) I'll never pay a construction worker the full amount before the work is completed. Yeah - long story...don't go there.

5) I'll never own another mini-van. Sure, it's convenient and sooo nice for traveling...but it's just not me. I felt like a different person behind the wheel. I'll stick to SUV's....I've had one since I was 20...so it's just my thing. TOTALLY don't judge YOU if YOU have a mini-van....you probably hate SUV's and the gas milage is WAY better....just still not a fan.

6) I'll never work at a sales call center. Yes - the money is HARD to beat....but I would DIE if I had to call and ask people to switch from ATT&T to MCI again! I'm getting twitches just thinking about it! I'd rather work in a nursing home wiping bottoms. (ok - maybe that is extreme)

7) I'll never be a Lakers fan. Yes - I'm married to a die-hard one....but there's just SOMETHING about it that I don't like. It's not that I truly care...I really don't....but you will NEVER catch me in Yellow and Purple....it just doesn't go together!

8) I'll never be able to eat anything I want. I hate you if you can. I always have and always will have to count calories and worry about exercising and watching every morsel that comes close to my mouth! In fact - I probably just gained a pound talking about this!

9) I'll never own a bird. YUCK YUCK YUCK! I hate birds. I think they are gross and they are annoying when I try to sleep! They poop while in motion and it's runny. GROSS! I don't understand how they make pets...but to each his own!

10) I'll never have a green thumb. I'm sorry - I just can't seem to get a grasp on loving yard work or keeping things alive! I LOVE how it looks when people have beautiful landscaping and flowers everywhere - but I don't get it! Why would I choose to go out in the heat and pull weeds!? NOT FUN!

11) Play golf. zzzzzzz

12) Watch golf. even bigger zzzzzzzz

13) Relax in the wintertime. I am DEATHLY afraid of the stomach virus....seriously. As in, I lose sleep over it, watch everything I eat all winter (for fear of it coming up again) and clean the trash cans and toilets weekly!

14) Be good at drums. Yeah - no good at all. I even tried to sound check them one time at Crosspoint and failed at that.

15) Wear panty hose. I was SCARRED for life with panty hose in college. I hate them....I can NEVER get them on without running them and I feel claustrophobic when they are on.

16) Go camping. The thought of sleeping outside without air conditioning in a tent and waking up all humid and eaten by bugs grosses me out. Also - whatever would I do without my straightening iron and a good make-up mirror! Perhaps in a nice air-conditioned camper....but who REALLY calls that camping?

17) Cross stitch. I mean...really!?

18) Climb. Everest, telephone pole, tree....forget it. I hate heights and unless my life was in danger - you won't catch me climbing anything.

19) I'll never be a good salsa dancer. My hips do LIE!

20) I'll never stop rubbing my eyebrows! I did it while sucking my thumb as a child - and I STILL do it whenever I'm tired. My mom told me that I'd have to quit when I grew up and got married - but Jon is ok with it - so we're good!


4 comments:

klittlejohn said...

I am so cracking up right now!!!

klittlejohn said...

I am so cracking up right now!!!

Gretta Faun said...

I love that you know these things about you. Sometimes life gives us surprises, though. I never wanted to have a bird in a house, because I used to be a clean freak.But my kids kept bringing a small baby birds for me to care. One time, as my daughter and I walked outside, the green parrot flew from the tree and landed on my top of my head. I was scared, but the bird wouldn't go away. She lived with us for one year and then suddenly died. Kids were devastated and our neighbor brought another parrot for us to care. This one lived with us for 10 years. One time I cared for a parrot,sparrow and crow! at the same time. The last parrot died few years ago. The kids grew up and I am an empty nester who travels a lot, and expects new surprises from life.

Gretta Faun said...

I love that you know these things about you. Sometimes life gives us surprises, though. I never wanted to have a bird in a house, because I used to be a clean freak.But my kids kept bringing a small baby birds for me to care. One time, as my daughter and I walked outside, the green parrot flew from the tree and landed on my top of my head. I was scared, but the bird wouldn't go away. She lived with us for one year and then suddenly died. Kids were devastated and our neighbor brought another parrot for us to care. This one lived with us for 10 years. One time I cared for a parrot,sparrow and crow! at the same time. The last parrot died few years ago. The kids grew up and I am an empty nester who travels a lot, and expects new surprises from life.